Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit housing organization working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S and approximately 70 countries. Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley, located in Hickory, NC, was established in 1985 and is dedicated to the premise that everyone should have access to a safe and affordable place to live. Habitat Catawba Valley builds strength, stability, and self-reliance for families through housing. They build houses through partnerships with diverse segments of the Catawba Valley community including churches and temples, businesses, individuals, service clubs, and foundations.
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley sought to streamline data entry and to use house client data in one place. Prior to engagement with NewOrg, affiliate operations were conducted with a mix of paper document files, spreadsheets, and email. Habitat Catawba Valley Believed a database system such as NewOrg would provide a more effective way to process program applications, report on program impact, and meet the data access requirements needed to maintain a 30+ year relationship with its clients.
“When Habitat Catawba Valley began looking for a database platform, my software guru brother coached me. He said that we should look for a platform that has a skilled and knowledgeable team behind it that can adapt their software to meet our needs and that offers exceptional customer service. We found all of that and much more in NewOrg. The NewOrg team listened carefully to what we needed our database to do, and then tuned their software to do it. The NewOrg customer service is quick and awesome, even reaching out to check with us and to tweak things as needed. We get the feeling that they really care about the work that we’re doing and want to support us in doing it. And the bonus – we’ve found them to be cost effective!”
- Christina L. Morgan, MSW
Director of Homeowner Services
Following a robust vetting process, Habitat for Humanity Catawba Valley selected NewOrg. Through a clear implementation process led by NewOrg’s in-house consultant the ultimate solution included the following highlights.
- Implementation of an effective process that tracks the stages of progression of both homeownership and homeowner repair contacts as well as build site milestones.
- Creation of an online application process that not only attains homeownership and homeowner repair application information but also gives them the ability to upload necessary documentation and to sign necessary consent agreements.
- Ability to correspond with stakeholders using NewOrg’s in-house email tool with ability to create templates to streamline speed of content creation.
- Creation of applicant summary pages that pull all the ata points across the system to one concise easy to view location for each applicant.
- Built a homeowner applicant summary page that pulls all the data points across the system to one concise easy to view location.
- Development of mortgage lending processes that include the sending of auto-filled notices and disclosures to borrowers by email along with the capability to attain their electronic signatures, drastically reducing administrative time.
About Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley
P.O. Box 9475
Hickory, NC 28603
About NewOrg Management System, Inc.
NewOrg Management System, Inc. – www.neworg.com
4000 Albemarle St NW (Ste 200)
Washington, DC 20016
NewOrg is a leading software developer providing a cloud-based data management platform for nonprofits and local government/social agencies, with more than 50,000 users in the US & Canada since 2006. Celebrating 15 years providing complete, 100% customized data management for nonprofit organizations and affiliates, NewOrg’s integrated software and service approach ensures that our partners improve efficiency, transparency, and sustainability.
Nate Steltzer, Marketing + Communications
NewOrg Management System, Inc.